Tito Rabat finished 11th with a brilliant ride from 22nd on the grid in a physically demanding race before a near capacity crowd of 104,000 spectators.
The sunny and warm race day was a bonus for Rabat who started calmly from the last row of the grid and executed a patient race plan to score his best result of the season so far. Rabat finished just 1.7s out of tenth place behind Andrea Iannone.
Rabat is now on 13 points in the championship, in advance of the next race, the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello.
Tito Rabat: 11th
“This is a good result for me, the best of the season so far especially because qualifying was a disaster and the struggle I had to adapt to the bike in the variable weather conditions. What I learned today was that it is better to stay calm in the race and be in a position to see things more clearly. At the end the race I was able to be ahead of the Aprilias and KTMs and close to Andrea Iannone. Now I am looking forward to the test this week in Barcelona and then to Mugello for the race.”
Source – Marc VDS
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018