It was a Saturday to remember in many ways for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 at Mugello, as both team’s standard bearers Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio battled at the sharp end of the field in today’s qualifying at Mugello Circuit in Italy.
Martin has proved once again to be absolutely unstoppable on the single lap by setting the pole position time in 1’57.176secs, which would have awarded him the fourth pole position of the season. The young Spaniard, however, was later penalised by race direction of 12 positions of the grid by repeatedly riding too slow in three sectors of the track during FP3 this morning.
Jorge Martin #88:
“It’s been a good day after all. I’m happy because I feel great on the bike with race tyres and, in any case, I was able to set the fastest time of qualifying. It won’t be easy tomorrow as I’ll be starting from 13th place on the grid, but I don’t want to let myself down. We need to be careful on the opening lap to avoid any early drama, then get to the front of the field as quickly as possible to try and win the race.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018