Miguel Oliveira remained in the Top 10 on the second day of the Italian GP. The Red Bull KTM Ajo rider continued to improve the setup of his KTM bike for tomorrow’s race, putting in his best laps with a worn tyre. Oliveira will start the Sunday contest from the end of the third row -ninth- with the aim of latching onto the lead group.
Temperatures remained ideal in FP3 for the intermediate class. Both Oliveira and Binder came out strong in the opening minutes, with the Portuguese momentarily among the Top 5. Oliveira improved his best time fast from yesterday, later focusing on the last two sectors that he has found most difficult to date. He finally finished eighth -1:52.537-.
As happened yesterday, in the afternoon the asphalt temperature reached a scorching 54ºC. The high temperatures made many of the riders complete their best lap in the early stages of qualifying. That was the case for Miguel Oliveira and Brad Binder, who did so in their second run. The Portuguese set his best time of the whole weekend to get ninth -1:52.489-.
Tomorrow, starting at 12.20pm local time, both riders will look for a result that will allow them to leave Tuscany feeling good. Oliveira and Binder have experienced victory at Mugello, after doing so in Moto3 in 2015 and 2016, respectively.
44 Miguel Oliveira:
“Just as we did yesterday, today we worked well and experienced another positive day. We were able to improve our best time of the weekend, even though the heat was extreme, thus getting a good position to start the race from tomorrow. We have improved our setup and we got the most out of the used tyres, completing my best laps with them. It will be interesting to see what the race pace is tomorrow; we will have to get a good start and place ourselves in a group as far forward as possible. Logically we will try to get the maximum from the race, and place as high up as we can.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018