With his best ever MotoGP qualifying performance Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Tito Rabat has claimed a top ten starting spot for tomorrow’s Italian Grand Prix.
At a sun-kissed Mugello circuit Rabat posted a time of 1’47.282 to qualify tenth on the fourth row in the final Q2 session. He missed a front-row spot by just over four tenths of a second.
Rabat ramped up the pace today after his team made major set-up changes to his Honda RC213V and the Spaniard hit top form in the hot and sunny conditions at the 5.24km Tuscany circuit.
The performance came on the back of Rabat’s strong and consistent pace in the Saturday morning FP3 session when he was sixth fastest, which put him into the crucial Q2 session for the first time.
Tito Rabat: – 1’47.282
“I am very happy with today, we had a strong performance in both practice sessions and then qualifying. I learnt a lot today and now I just want to focus on carrying this forward to the race and get a good result. We made a lot of changes from Friday practice and now I am much more comfortable. The plan for the race is to go full gas from the fourth row and don’t think too much!”
Source – Marc VDS
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018