As expected the Italian Grand Prix was decided on the line at Mugello, where just 0.037 seconds separated local hero Andrea Migno, who took his first win, from compatriot Fabio di Giannantonio. Juanfran Guevara took the final position on a podium that up to 18 other riders contested, with even 21st placed Tony Arbolino finishing just 3.476 seconds shy of the winner.
The lottery for points drew a blank for the Mahindra Aspar Team, with Lorenzo dalla Porta finishing his home Grand Prix in nineteenth position, just two seconds off the podium but disappointingly out of the points at his home circuit. Albert Arenas was also in the battle for points until the final lap, when his impressive charge through the field was halted by a heavy crash that left him with a fourth degree acromioclavicular dislocation. This means that the ligaments that anchor the collarbone to the scapula are ruptured. The Mahindra Aspar rider will have an MRI in Barcelona and, if the injury is confirmed, he will need surgery. Over the next week the Mahindra Aspar Team will continue to provide updated information on Arenas’ condition.
Albert Arenas (DNF):
“I’m fine, it was a hard knock and everything hurts a little bit, but I’m fine. Now it’s time to get to Barcelona, to get an MRI and to check exactly what it is because I took a heavy blow to the shoulder. From there, we’ll have to wait to see how it evolves and hope to recover as soon as possible. Anyway, I leave Mugello with good feelings, I liked the circuit a lot, I felt good and it was a very hard race. “
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- Through the pain barrier: Pedrosa's superhuman performance April 22, 2018
- Bagnaia vs Marquez: a battle royal in Austin April 22, 2018
- Closing in at COTA: Marquez takes Texas, Dovi takes the lead April 22, 2018
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection in a classic Texan tangle April 22, 2018
- Viñales on Marquez' tail in Texas Warm Up April 22, 2018