Today the Moto3 riders got out on track for the warm up and the race of the Italian Grand Prix.
Because of an unexpected temperature decrease, Guevara and his team decided to take advantage of the warm up to confirm the final details for the KTM set-up. In the race, the rider from Lorca started from the fifth spot on the grid.
Despite not managing to stay in the front positions in the first few turns, Juanfran did his best not to lose touch with the leading group. With five laps to go, the Spaniard put in an incredible overtaking manoeuvre, entering the battle for the Top-5 and managing to lead the race.
Guevara crossed the finishing line with a superb third position, the best of the Spaniards on track for this GP and the first rider from the region of Murcia to get on the podium in the World Championship.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 3rd [RACE]
“I’m really happy for this first podium. This is a tough track, where it isn’t that easy to overtake. It was an intense race, the front group was huge and it’s incredible to achieve this result. It was difficult to reach the first positions, we were all very fast. When I ended up with Migno and Di Giannantonio, I did my best to stay with them and, on the last lap, I tried to win the race on the final straight – however the slipstream wasn’t enough. It was a very positive weekend and we leave Italy looking forwards to fighting again for Sundays like this. I’d like to thank my team and to congratulate them for this first podium. Thanks also to my family, sponsors and fan club.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018