Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Tito Rabat backed-up his superb qualifying pace to finish 11th in today’s Italian Grand Prix.
Starting from a career best tenth on the grid Rabat lost ground early on the Mugello Circuit with its sweeping curves and fast straight. But a mid-race surge saw the Spaniard tagging behind fellow Honda RC213V riders Cal Crutchlow and Dani Pedrosa.
With five laps to go Rabat was losing rear tyre grip and decided to conserve energy to make sure of a points finish.
Tito Rabat: 11th
“I am very happy with this result because this is the closest I have finished to the front guys in MotoGP. After the start I was able to stay with Cal Crutchlow for many laps and I was pushing 100%. Then towards the end Dani Pedrosa was just ahead but I was losing some rear grip and was getting very tired so I decided to make sure I finished the race.”
Source – Marc VDS
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018