Jorge Navarro has scored his first top-10 finish in Moto2 by finishing today’s race at Mugello in ninth place. The Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider has built speed upon speed throughout the weekend after starting with the 20th time in FP1 on Friday and qualifying in 7th place yesterday.
It was not an easy day, however, because Navarro struggled to find a good pace in the early laps of the encounter. Throughout the end of the race, the series rookie was able to finally find his rhythm as he moved past three riders.
The ninth-place finish gives Navarro seven important points, which help him move up to fifteenth place with the same points as other four contenders. No time to rest for the Spaniard and the rest for the MotoGP paddock, as the Catalunya Grand Prix – Navarro’s second home race of the year – takes place in a week’s time.
9th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“Looking at how the weekend started I’m really happy with today’s ninth place. Over the last two days I was finally able to ride the way I think I’m capable of and this is a good sign. I think I fell asleep a little today in the race, especially at the start: when I saw the front-runners pulling away, I thought more about saving the tyres and I therefore I couldn’t find a good pace. I wasn’t able to bridge the gap with riders ahead and the ones behind me were getting closer. In the last three laps, however, I found my focus, lapped in the 1’53secs, passed three riders and finished two seconds away from sixth place.”
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018