The seventh race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship was held today, at the circuit of Barcelona-Catalunya.
Juanfran Guevara and his crew worked on the pace during this morning’s warm up, completing a long run. The Spaniard started from the first row of the grid, doing his best to stay in the leading group.
Because of an issue with the rear part of the bike, Juanfran lost some positions. On the final lap, the rider from Lorca was left out from the fight for the points as he crashed out, eventually crossing the finishing line seventeenth.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 17th [RACE]
“It was a very complicated race for us. We had some issues, mainly with the rear, and now we have to check the data to figure out the reason. Since the first lap I noticed that something wasn’t working quite properly, the bike had changed compared to yesterday’s sessions. There was a lack of traction and that’s what made us lose positions, leaving us with barely any option to fight for the points. In the end maybe we could have finished a bit farther up in the classification, but I had a crash with another rider and that left us outside the points. We started from the first row and, after a good start reaching the first position, I began to struggle in the fast turns. I tried my best to improve the situation, pushing above the limit with the objective to fix the problem. However, I couldn’t find any solution and I’m disappointed. Today we had a good chance just like in the last race, but things went wrong. We’ll try to fight in the next Grand Prix.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018