Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 is once again on the podium of a Moto3 World Championship race this year as Jorge Martin was third at the end of the 22-lap race at Circuit de Catalunya, the seventh of the 2017 season.
The 19-year-old from Madrid fell very short of what would have been his first win in the series after leading throughout the final stages of the encounter. Jorge makes his happy return to the podium that he was missing since April 23rd, when he was second in Texas.
3rd – Jorge Martin #88
“It was an incredible race. Unfortunately I made a silly mistake at the start, but I was able to make it back to the front quite quickly and stay within the top-4 for almost the whole race. I’d hoped I could pull away in the last couple of laps and try to take the win but the last sector was my weak point and that’s exactly where Mir – and then Fenati – passed me on the last lap. It was important to return to the podium, however, and I’m sure once we get out first win many more will come.”
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island, day 3 race roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 25, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Saturday race report: Melandri slices past Sykes to take the win February 24, 2018
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018