Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 is once again on the podium of a Moto3 World Championship race this year as Jorge Martin was third at the end of the 22-lap race at Circuit de Catalunya, the seventh of the 2017 season.
The 19-year-old from Madrid fell very short of what would have been his first win in the series after leading throughout the final stages of the encounter. Jorge makes his happy return to the podium that he was missing since April 23rd, when he was second in Texas.
3rd – Jorge Martin #88
“It was an incredible race. Unfortunately I made a silly mistake at the start, but I was able to make it back to the front quite quickly and stay within the top-4 for almost the whole race. I’d hoped I could pull away in the last couple of laps and try to take the win but the last sector was my weak point and that’s exactly where Mir – and then Fenati – passed me on the last lap. It was important to return to the podium, however, and I’m sure once we get out first win many more will come.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018
- Miller grabs sixth consecutive top ten April 23, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- 5 men in the title fight: the close contenders after COTA April 22, 2018