Jorge Navarro has put together a great performance in front of his home crowd by finishing the 23-lap Moto2 World Championship race at Circuit de Catalunya in seventh place. The Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider, therefore, improves on his previous best result in the class – a ninth-place finish scored one week ago at Mugello.
Navarro had a very solid race, especially in the first half, as he kept a consistently-fast pace and closed in on the group ahead fighting for third. Once in the back of series leader Franco Morbidelli, though, Jorge had a few moments after which he chose to maintain his position up to the chequered flag to add nine more points to his tally of 22.
7th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“Montmeló proves to be once again a very important venue for me. We did great here one year ago and we were able to do as good this year, too, especially at the beginning of the race. This is my best result so far in this class: I really enjoyed the first half of the race, because my pace was consistently quick. I was closing in on sixth place at some point but had three moments in succession, so I chose to bring the bike home in seventh and get some more important points.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018