Before a huge crowd of home fans Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Tito Rabat continued his string of points scoring finishes with a determined 15th place in Barcelona today.
The result comes on the back of two 11th places at the previous races in Mugello and Le Mans and Rabat has now scored points in every race he has finished this season.
Starting from 19th on the grid Rabat struggled for overtaking opportunities in traffic early in the race but made the most of his race pace to pick up the final championship point when he passed Andrea Iannone with two laps to go.
Tito Rabat: 15th
“I would have liked a better result at my home race and I tried 100% but it was not possible. I was feeling more comfortable towards the end of the race and the good thing is today I finished 40 seconds to the winner when last year I was one minute behind, so better by 20 seconds. Each race I have finished this season I’ve been in the points but my problem is having the pace to overtake other riders early in the race.”
Source – Marc VDS
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Blast off for KTM in Austin April 22, 2018
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us” April 22, 2018
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP April 22, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Rossi: the man with the race pace? April 21, 2018
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama April 21, 2018