Tech3 Racing Team rider Xavi Vierge produced a determined and highly impressive performance at the gruelling Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya to finish 9th.
The young Spaniard undertook a solid start and maintained a strong pace whilst he fought against the vastly experienced riders in the highly competitive group as track temperatures reached over 50 degrees. Eventually, Vierge emerged from the scrap to seal his 5th top ten finish of the year.
“I am happy because it was another weekend where we reached our goal, which is to finish inside the top ten. I completed the race in 9th, however, this is also a bit of a shame because we seem to be finishing in this position quite a lot recently! Anyway, I am really pleased because, in every session, the Tech3 Racing Team and I gave 200% effort. We know that we have work to do but I believe in my team and myself to push hard to find more improvements so that we can keep going forward. Thanks to everyone and I’m excited for Assen.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018