The eighth Grand Prix of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship is over already, with Team Del Conca Gresini who can celebrate the great performance of Jorge Martin, who crossed the line in fourth place at the end of a crazy 22-lap race. Starting from pole, Martin led the race for many laps despite two setbacks, which put him back on the chase of the front: a small mistake sent him down to sixth place first, then a coming together with Ramirez pushed him down to 11th place with three laps to go.
Despite picking up some gravel after during the run-off, the young Spaniard was able to keep the focus and move all the way back to fourth before the chequered flag. The 13 points collected today have helped Jorge to return to fifth place – 51 points away from the current leader.
The team will now travel directly to Germany and more precisely to the Sachsenring, where the second of two back-to-back Grand Prix weekends will take place.
4th – Jorge Martin #88
“It’s been a crazy race! I started off by pushing as hard as I could because I was trying to break the group behind me: I did it, because there were not too many of us at the front. Track conditions were not perfect, though, and didn’t allow me to keep the best pace. At one point I was passed by some riders and tried to get my place back, but had a coming together with Ramirez: he hit the brakes quite early and wasn’t expecting it. I found myself in eleventh place with three laps to go: without that, we could have battled for the win, but fourth place is still OK.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018
- Miller grabs sixth consecutive top ten April 23, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- 5 men in the title fight: the close contenders after COTA April 22, 2018