The eighth Grand Prix of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship is over already, with Team Del Conca Gresini who can celebrate the great performance of Jorge Martin, who crossed the line in fourth place at the end of a crazy 22-lap race. Starting from pole, Martin led the race for many laps despite two setbacks, which put him back on the chase of the front: a small mistake sent him down to sixth place first, then a coming together with Ramirez pushed him down to 11th place with three laps to go.
Despite picking up some gravel after during the run-off, the young Spaniard was able to keep the focus and move all the way back to fourth before the chequered flag. The 13 points collected today have helped Jorge to return to fifth place – 51 points away from the current leader.
The team will now travel directly to Germany and more precisely to the Sachsenring, where the second of two back-to-back Grand Prix weekends will take place.
4th – Jorge Martin #88
“It’s been a crazy race! I started off by pushing as hard as I could because I was trying to break the group behind me: I did it, because there were not too many of us at the front. Track conditions were not perfect, though, and didn’t allow me to keep the best pace. At one point I was passed by some riders and tried to get my place back, but had a coming together with Ramirez: he hit the brakes quite early and wasn’t expecting it. I found myself in eleventh place with three laps to go: without that, we could have battled for the win, but fourth place is still OK.”
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island, day 3 race roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 25, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Saturday race report: Melandri slices past Sykes to take the win February 24, 2018
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018