Jorge Navarro has had an encouraging day at the TT Circuit Assen, where the eighth race of the 2017 Moto2 World Championship was contested. The Spanish rider of team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 was able to turn the tables after a difficult weekend to secure fifteenth place at the end of the 23-lap encounter.
Navarro didn’t enjoy the best of starts from 19th place on the grid and was 22nd at the end of the opening lap. The 21-year-old Spanish rider then started a steady comeback that would eventually lead him back into the points, courtesy of a good pace that at times was similar to the one displayed by the riders at the front (best lap in the race 1’39.057.
In the final part of the race, Navarro managed to recover more than three seconds in less than five laps to eventually overtake Gardner to finish in the top-15 for the sixth time in eight races. Jorge currently lies 16th in the championship.
Moto2 action will resume in less than six days at Sachsenring, the venue hosting the ninth race of the season.
15th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“There are two ways of looking at today’s race: the negative way, given the recent seventh place in Catalunya, or the positive way, if we look at the struggles we had to endure this weekend – and the crashes. I still prefer the second option! I had to get used to the track and the bike in the early laps of the race, but then I got into a nice rhythm and I think that with a better start and without the rain at the end I could have been in the top 10.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018