The starting grid of the GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland was defined today, after the qualifying practice at the Sachsenring circuit.
The day started off with a positive FP3 for Juanfran Guevara: after analysing all the data from the first two sessions on track, the Spaniard and his technicians could confirm some improvements for the front of the KTM machine.
Completing two runs in the last free practice, Juanfran cut off almost a second from his personal best from Friday. In the QP, Guevara worked hard since the beginning of the session to achieve a good placement.
After a brief rain shower with fifteen minutes to go, the rider from Lorca couldn’t improve his fastest lap and he finished in 11th position (1’27.450).
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 11th – 1’27.450 [QP]
“We had a positive day: we made a big step forward with the setting of the bike, comparing it to yesterday’s sessions. We found a safe way to work and develop it effectively, I feel more confident when I’m on top of my KTM. In the FP3 of the morning we could focus also on some important details ahead of the race. Furthermore, in the qualifying we put in some proper improvements. For tomorrow we are in a pretty decent position, we start together with the front group. It’ll be a tough Sunday and we saw that, generally, we all have some issues with the tyres durability on the new surface. We’ll have to keep an eye on it and be ready for the last few laps, which can be crucial. There could be many crashes and the pace might change in the final phases.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018