Spanish rider Tito Rabat will start from 24th position on the grid for the 30-lap ninth round of the MotoGP World Championship.
Rabat again lacked confidence in wet conditions aboard his Honda RC213V with the weather not allowing him to capitalize on his strong pace in a dry FP3 session when he was 11th fastest.
The new asphalt on the recently resurfaced Sachsenring is producing high levels of grip in wet conditions even with track temperatures struggling to climb above 20 degrees.
Tito Rabat: 24th – 1’30.028:
“I did a very good FP3 session in the morning but then the rain came for qualifying and in the rain I simply cannot go faster when the bike is sliding. It is difficult to find a set-up that gives me confidence and it is very easy to crash in these conditions so if it is wet for the race we need to find some solutions. But I’m happy because in the dry I showed I can be fast.”
Source – Marc VDS
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018