Raceday at the German Sachsenring circuit sadly proved a day to forget for Augusto Fernández, as a problem with the rear tyre penalized the young Spaniard who was forced to retire after seven laps from start of the race.
It had been a promising weekend otherwise, and Augusto can nonetheless go into the Summer break feeling positive about his progress in the Moto2 class.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – RETIRED
“We wasted a very good time when we could really do well today. I’m sorry, it’s a shame to end in this way a weekend in which we worked well and we had a good step in both track conditions, dry and wet. Unfortunately, it did not depend on us, a problem with the rear tire conditioned our race. Now let’s look at the second half of the season. The goal to reach is still the points area!”
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar
- "We had more" – Miller's podium charge halted by grip issues
- Pedrosa, Smith and Pirro set for private tests
- Best photos: Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Quartararo: your 2019 Rookie of the Year
- Two down, one to go: Honda claim 2019 Constructor crown