Joan Mir goes on holiday in style after victory in Germany, his fifth of the year, and a combination of results that leaves him even further clear at the top of the championship. Of his main rivals only Romano Fenati was able to keep pace with the Spaniard and even led with a few corners to go before another dramatic Sachsenring finish saw Mir snatch the win. Marcos Ramirez completed the podium after crashes for Aron Canet and John McPhee, with Jorge Martín not making the start after an picking up an injury on Friday, meaning Mir leads the standings by 37 points from Fenati, 55 from Canet and 76 from Martin at the halfway point of the season.
Raúl Fernández started the day on a high, leading the warm-up session with half a second difference over the rest, but unfortunately he was not able to finish it with the same feeling. The Spaniard was running in the third group alongside Dalla Porta but was forced to avoid a fallen rider on the early laps and lost crucial time as he ran over the gravel. Fernandez will be back on the bike next week in Valencia, at the next round of the Moto3 Junior World Championship.
22nd Raúl Fernández:
“We started the race well and in the first corner I was able to overtake a lot of riders. I was in a good group, in touch with the group in front, and I knew if we helped each other we could get there. However, Maria Herrera crashed in front of me and I was forced onto the gravel, I lost five seconds and it was impossible to recover. I have not been able to enjoy the race, but I am happy that we have continued taking steps forward. Leading the warm up was a dream, but now it’s time to think about the race for the next Moto3 Junior World Championship in Valencia.”
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018