The riders from the Moto3 class got out on track today to take part in an intense race at the circuit of Sachsenring, Germany.
The day started off on damp track, because of some rain showers from last night. Guevara took advantage of the warm up to check the wet setting of his KTM, in order to gather some useful data for the upcoming Grand Prix events.
In the race, Juanfran started from the eleventh spot, reaching the Top-10 after few laps. The rider from Lorca set a consistent pace, finishing the race in twelfth position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 12th [RACE]
“This was kind of a bittersweet day. On the one hand, I’m happy with the improvements throughout the weekend, at the beginning we were struggling, yet in the end during the race we were quite competitive. On the other, we were hoping for something more, since our objective is to finish always in the Top-10 and mostly in the Top-5. We couldn’t do that today, but at least we got four points that are always handy. In the end we found a setting that was quite competitive. We weren’t starting from the front rows and that made things a bit harder here at Sachsenring. We have to keep working in order to improve the traction, this is the point we are having some issues with. What matters is that we did get a decent feeling with the bike, it’ll be useful for the upcoming Grand Prix events. Brno has a layout that is quite similar to Mugello and the performance of the KTM was good in previous occasions. Maybe today’s result isn’t the best to start the summer break, but we still are in tenth position in the Championship Standings and that’s important. There are plenty of open options and we still have lots of races waiting ahead.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018