The FP3 and the QP for the Brno Grand Prix were held today, for the tenth round of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship. Thanks to an improvement in the weather conditions, the riders could go out on dry track during both Saturday’s sessions.
Juanfran Guevara and his technicians took advantage of the FP3 in order to confirm some data for the dry setting, gathering information to be competitive in the qualifying.
In the afternoon, the Spaniard worked to set a consistent pace, fighting for a spot in the Top-10 since the beginning of the session. With a great penultimate lap, Juanfran set the time of 2’08.874, finishing in third position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 3rd – 2’08.874 [QP]
“Today things went well. It was a positive start after the holidays, we returned to the first row in today’s qualifying. During both sessions we did some minor changes for the dry setting, we tried to set up the bike as quickly as possible, in order to take advantage of the last part of the QP and to set a competitive time. I’m happy with the performance of the bike and the tyres we chose worked well. This is an important result for tomorrow, it allows us to start from the front in such a complicated circuit. We did a strong job as a team, both Gabri and I. This proves that we have been working hard and that we are still improving, race after race.”
- WorldSBK Assen, Day 2: Rea roars to eighth consecutive TT Assen win April 21, 2018
- Alvaro Bautista sets to work on difficult day one in Austin April 21, 2018
- Marc Marquez second-fastest at a dusty Austin track, Dani Pedrosa a brave 10th April 21, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, free practice roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 21, 2018
- Alex Rins shows strong pace in Texas April 21, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo 7th in practice for Texas GP April 21, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP! April 21, 2018
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP April 21, 2018
- Perfect ten: Martin takes pole in mad dash to slicks April 21, 2018
- Pol Espargaro takes first KTM Q2 of the year April 21, 2018
- Marquez top, but Viñales right in the hunt in FP4 April 21, 2018