The two Ducati Team riders will start tomorrow’s Czech Grand Prix at the Brno circuit from the second row of the grid. Andrea Dovizioso was fourth quickest in the Q2 qualifying session with a time of 1’55.441, while his team-mate Jorge Lorenzo was just a tenth of a second behind in sixth place with a time of 1’55.552.
This morning both Ducati men were placed inside the top 10 at the end of the FP3 session, thus guaranteeing themselves access to the all-important second qualifying session for the first four rows.
The Czech Grand Prix, round 10 of the 2017 MotoGP World Championship, will be held over 22 laps and will get underway tomorrow at 1400 CET.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’55.552 (6th)
“Today we managed to improve several aspects of the bike and we were able to lap all day in dry conditions to get a better idea of the new fairing. Even though we lose a bit of top speed, I’m still very satisfied with the way it performs: I need more downforce at the front and this new aero package makes me a lot more confident. Despite the fact that they cancelled my first time, we did a good qualifying session, and so on my second run I couldn’t risk as much as I would have liked while trying to go for an even quicker time. The second row is OK for me, but the most important thing is that we have a good race pace, as we did at Jerez. We’ll have to see what the weather is going to be like tomorrow but, even if it were to rain, I think we can fight for the podium.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018