The day began with the sun warming the circuit, ideal temperatures (Air 23 ° C / Ground 27 ° C) embracing the valley that encloses the impressive circuit of the Automotodrom Brno, host of the Grand Prix České republiky 2017. However, this seemed to play a joke on the Moto3 riders – lacking grip and causing many crashes. The Leopard Racing Team duo, Joan Mir and Livio Loi, were well behaved in FP3, running towards the very first positions in the times.
At 12:35 am the pit-lane came alive for the most anticipated session of the day: official Qualifying. The two Leopard Racing Team riders set off with their focus on the front rows. The leader of the Moto3 class, Joan Mir, continued throughout the session to squeeze tenths from his Honda NSF250RW, duelling away with the his rivals in the Championship. At the last moment, the talent of Palma de Mallorca managed to shred his reference time, even after being hindered by traffic. Tomorrow he will open the second row right in fourth, showing his and the Leopard Team’s intent.
The protagonists of the Moto3 class will return tomorrow morning at 8:40 am for 20 minutes of Warm Up, anticipating the 2017 season’s tenth race, which will kick off at 11:00 local time.
#36 Joan MIR – 4th (2’08.896):
“Even today was a positive day – it was only in the last lap that I could not push as I was slowed down other by other riders. All-in-all we achieved a good grid position and I would like to thank the whole team for the work they have done today.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018