Xavi Vierge will kick off the round 10 fight at the iconic Brno circuit from the 6th row of the grid after producing a determined effort in the difficult qualifying today.
The young Spaniard who began the weekend with two superb performances yesterday to clinch 3rd in both practice sessions, fought against the challenging track conditions this afternoon.
Despite giving his all, he powered to a personal best that left him one second from the front, and he now optimistically awaits the highly anticipated sprint tomorrow.
“It was a difficult day and the track conditions were worse than yesterday. This morning, in FP3, I made a good step with the bike, but I had an unfortunate crash on new tyres, which was a pity. For the qualifying, I didn’t feel the same as yesterday and I tried to push and complete a lot of laps, but finally, I wasn’t able to improve on the lap time from this morning. It’s a little bit disappointing but the main event is tomorrow and it’s the most important day. I need to work with the team tonight so that we can improve, but I’m excited to race as always.“
- WorldSBK Assen, Day 2: Rea roars to eighth consecutive TT Assen win April 21, 2018
- Alvaro Bautista sets to work on difficult day one in Austin April 21, 2018
- Marc Marquez second-fastest at a dusty Austin track, Dani Pedrosa a brave 10th April 21, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, free practice roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 21, 2018
- Alex Rins shows strong pace in Texas April 21, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo 7th in practice for Texas GP April 21, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP! April 21, 2018
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP April 21, 2018
- Perfect ten: Martin takes pole in mad dash to slicks April 21, 2018
- Pol Espargaro takes first KTM Q2 of the year April 21, 2018
- Marquez top, but Viñales right in the hunt in FP4 April 21, 2018