A masterful wet track performance in a chaotic Moto2 race delivered Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Álex Márquez a superb second place podium at Brno today.
The rain interrupted Czech Grand Prix was decided over a frantic six lap dash that produced a dramatic contest for the tenth round of the Moto2 World Championship.
With light rain falling Márquez dashed from fifth on the second row of the grid to settle in second place, which he controlled all the way behind race winner Tom Lüthi.
It was a brave performance with Márquez still recovering from a neck injury suffered when he crashed out of the previous race in Germany. The Spanish star dedicated his podium to countryman Angel Nieto, the legendary 12+1 World Champion who passed away last Thursday.
Álex Márquez: 2nd
“I feel really good to get this podium after my injuries in the previous race in Germany and then a difficult period in the summer break. I tried to go for the win for Ángel Nieto but today Tom Lüthi was too good. But I want to dedicate this podium to Nieto – the Maestro – and I will never forget him, he was a true legend of motorcycle racing.”
Source – Marc VDS
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates to take double in Germany August 20, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates in Germany with Race One victory August 19, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Do(vi) a deer, a female deer August 19, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Friday roundup – World Superbike & World Supersport August 18, 2017
- Pol Espargaro out of Austrian GP with technical fault August 13, 2017
- Red Bull Rookies, Austria: Masaki masters sensational finish to Red Bull Ring Race 2 August 13, 2017
- Into the lion's den: who will rule Britannia? August 20, 2017
- Can history repeat itself? August 20, 2017
- When I’m 64 points clear: is the pressure off for Mir? August 20, 2017
- MotoGP™ to remain at the Twin Ring Motegi until 2023 August 20, 2017
- Nakagami announced at LCR Honda in 2018 August 20, 2017
- #CzechGP and #AustrianGP: Twitter Highlights August 18, 2017