A masterful wet track performance in a chaotic Moto2 race delivered Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Álex Márquez a superb second place podium at Brno today.
The rain interrupted Czech Grand Prix was decided over a frantic six lap dash that produced a dramatic contest for the tenth round of the Moto2 World Championship.
With light rain falling Márquez dashed from fifth on the second row of the grid to settle in second place, which he controlled all the way behind race winner Tom Lüthi.
It was a brave performance with Márquez still recovering from a neck injury suffered when he crashed out of the previous race in Germany. The Spanish star dedicated his podium to countryman Angel Nieto, the legendary 12+1 World Champion who passed away last Thursday.
Álex Márquez: 2nd
“I feel really good to get this podium after my injuries in the previous race in Germany and then a difficult period in the summer break. I tried to go for the win for Ángel Nieto but today Tom Lüthi was too good. But I want to dedicate this podium to Nieto – the Maestro – and I will never forget him, he was a true legend of motorcycle racing.”
Source – Marc VDS
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Pedrosa and Miller drop in on the Asia Talent Cup in Qatar March 21, 2018
- KTM find the positives from Losail March 20, 2018
- Syahrin: second rookie and points in his first ever race March 20, 2018
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner March 20, 2018
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar March 19, 2018
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker March 19, 2018