Jorge Lorenzo had an unlucky race at Brno in the Czech Republic, after the Spanish rider had led for the first three laps and then returned to the pits on lap 5.
Unfortunately a setback during the bike change-over lost him precious time in the pit-lane, Lorenzo returned to the track in nineteenth place, a fair distance behind the other top riders, and in the end he could only make it back up to fifteenth overall.
The Ducati Team riders will stay behind tomorrow to take part in a one-day official test at the Brno circuit and then the MotoGP circus will head to the Red Bull Ring at Zeltweg for next Sunday’s Austrian GP.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 15th
“Today’s race was a real shame. The weather was so unpredictable and it stopped raining when I was really fast on the damp track. I felt pretty good and I think we could have been able to fight for the win if the conditions had remained the same. Then we made an error with the bike change, because when the team signalled to me to return to the pits the bike wasn’t ready and we lost a bit of time, which ruined the rest of my race. For sure we’ll learn from this negative experience and won’t repeat the same error, but the positive thing from this weekend is that we were always competitive, both in the wet and the dry. Now we’re going to a circuit, where we should be amongst the favourites and so we’ll do everything possible to demonstrate it in the race.”
- WorldSBK Assen, Day 2: Rea roars to eighth consecutive TT Assen win April 21, 2018
- Alvaro Bautista sets to work on difficult day one in Austin April 21, 2018
- Marc Marquez second-fastest at a dusty Austin track, Dani Pedrosa a brave 10th April 21, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, free practice roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 21, 2018
- Alex Rins shows strong pace in Texas April 21, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo 7th in practice for Texas GP April 21, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP! April 21, 2018
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP April 21, 2018
- Perfect ten: Martin takes pole in mad dash to slicks April 21, 2018
- Pol Espargaro takes first KTM Q2 of the year April 21, 2018
- Marquez top, but Viñales right in the hunt in FP4 April 21, 2018