Today’s race marked the conclusion of the Monster Energy Grand Prix Cesky republiky.
The mixed conditions in the warm-up prevented Guevara and his crew from defining the final details of the setting, as planned yesterday. However, the Spaniard put in a perfect start from the third spot of the grid, getting to lead the race since the first few turns.
Juanfran managed to stay within the top positions, lap after lap, eventually crossing the finishing line in 5th place.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 5th [RACE]
“I’m really happy. We had a great race, despite the tricky conditions. We got out on track on rain tyres, at the beginning the track was quite wet. I felt strong since the beginning, I moved up to the first position straight away and I was leading throughout most of the race. I had a very good feeling on top of my KTM, I was confident. We only had some minor issues, which we could actually work out while the track was drying up, adapting the riding style. Maybe at the beginning I pushed a bit too much, because by the end I couldn’t pull away and make a gap to try and win the race, or at least end on the podium. Eventually I finished in fifth position, it’s a shame because I believe today we deserved something more. What matters is that this weekend we were competitive both on dry and wet track. We collected some important points for the Championship, as well as moving up one position in the Classification.”
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018