Jorge Navarro continues with his streak of positive results by finishing in 11th place, on board his Kalex #9 machine, in a surely not easy Moto2race at the Automotodrom Brno in Czech Republic.
After qualifying with a superb fifth place – only 0.131s away from pole – the expectations on Navarro’s race performance were as high as ever: weather conditions, however, did not allow for a smooth encounter, as the race was stopped after 8 laps due to rain and then restarted with a new print encounter of only six laps. On such short distance, Navarro did a good job in staying upright and add a handful of points to his rookie season tally.
With today’s performance, the 21-year-old rider of Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 moves up another place and he is now 14th – with 39 points under his belt. No time to rest, however, as the Austrian GP is already around the corner.
11th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“it’s been a crazy day for sure: the track was still damp in few places after the first start so I chose not to take too many risks in the first laps. At the restart, instead, it was hard to get a feeling to the wet set-up and track in such a short amount of laps. I’m still happy with how the weekend has gone, though, because yesterday we were really close to the first row while this morning we were fastest in the warm up. We did all we could in the race and scored some important points. It feels good to be back from summer break with this type of form.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018