It was 21st place for Alex Rins, who made some improvements but couldn’t do better than 1’24.488.
Despite his attempts, Rins struggled in the Q1 to get the perfect lap that would allow him to go and fight with the top 12 riders. His 21st place in the grid will force him into a recovery race even though his pace in FP4 proved to be consistently fast.
“Little by little we are making progress, although I’m still struggling. This is a track where braking is very important and for us this is not one of the strengths of our machine. We made some improvements though. In qualifying I reduced my FP3 lap time by 0.7, which was good, but not enough. I hope for a good race tomorrow.”
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates to take double in Germany August 20, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates in Germany with Race One victory August 19, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Do(vi) a deer, a female deer August 19, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Friday roundup – World Superbike & World Supersport August 18, 2017
- Pol Espargaro out of Austrian GP with technical fault August 13, 2017
- Red Bull Rookies, Austria: Masaki masters sensational finish to Red Bull Ring Race 2 August 13, 2017
- Into the lion's den: who will rule Britannia? August 20, 2017
- Can history repeat itself? August 20, 2017
- When I’m 64 points clear: is the pressure off for Mir? August 20, 2017
- MotoGP™ to remain at the Twin Ring Motegi until 2023 August 20, 2017
- Nakagami announced at LCR Honda in 2018 August 20, 2017
- #CzechGP and #AustrianGP: Twitter Highlights August 18, 2017