The eleventh qualifying session of the Moto3 World Championship has been contested today at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria, with Jorge Martin showing once again great signs of competitiveness after the encouraging performance in the opening day of action.
Despite dark skies and low temperatures, the quarter-litre class riders were able to ride on a fully-dry track surface for the whole duration of the qualifying session.
Jorge Martin claimed a really positive 13th position on the grid for tomorrow’s 23-lap Austrian GP Moto3 race, which will get underway at 11:00 local time (GMT +2). The Madrid-born rider showed an OK fitness condition but most of all some good on-track aggression, which is crucial for some extra confidence ahead of tomorrow’s race. Martin’s lap-time was only 46 thousandths of a second shy of his team mates.
13th – Jorge Martin #88:
“I’m not happy with my qualifying position but we had a good pace for tomorrow and I hope we’ll have a great race. A good start will be needed in order to stay with the front group in the early part of the race and make sure no one pulls away, then the goal will be to finish in the top-5. I’m not sure how I will cope with the full race distance of the race, I know I can be consistent for 15 laps or so, then I’ll have to bite the bullet but that’s what we’re here for!”
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Wins from pole: Barcelona and beyond June 19, 2018
- One year on: can Yamaha end the streak at Assen? June 19, 2018
- Kallio rides through the pain in post-GP test June 19, 2018
- A more sustainable Grand Prix with KISS Barcelona June 19, 2018
- Thank goodness for the switch, it could have got boring June 19, 2018
- Land of the free and home of the brave June 19, 2018