The starting grid for the race of the NeroGiardini Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich was defined today, after this afternoon’s qualifying session.
Guevara took advantage of the FP3 in order to try out some modifications to the dry setting of his KTM machine, cutting off 1.8 seconds from his personal best of Friday. In the afternoon, Juanfran had to deal with a hectic QP with a happy ending: with fifteen minutes left, the Spaniard had a crash which interrupted his progression. Nevertheless, the rider could return to the track and, on his last run, he managed to set the outstanding time of 1’36.615, scoring the second position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 2nd – 1’36.615 [QP]
“I’m very happy with how things turned out today. I believe we did a great job, after carrying out some important modifications during FP3, just with an eye on the race. The QP was a tricky session, because on the second run I crashed out and things were getting tough. Right on my last lap I managed to put in my best time, after all what matters is that we made it. I’m feeling confident, the bike works pretty well here. That wasn’t my perfect lap, but it was good enough to put us in the second position. Gabri and I are both on the front row, this is an important result for the team and for KTM, at their home race. For tomorrow we have a strong setting to use, the race will be complicated since there are many riders that set similar times, we must be careful. Definitely it’ll be useful to start from the first row, in order to fight since the beginning for a positive result.”
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Pedrosa and Miller drop in on the Asia Talent Cup in Qatar March 21, 2018
- KTM find the positives from Losail March 20, 2018
- Syahrin: second rookie and points in his first ever race March 20, 2018
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner March 20, 2018
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar March 19, 2018
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker March 19, 2018