The starting grid for the race of the NeroGiardini Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich was defined today, after this afternoon’s qualifying session.
Guevara took advantage of the FP3 in order to try out some modifications to the dry setting of his KTM machine, cutting off 1.8 seconds from his personal best of Friday. In the afternoon, Juanfran had to deal with a hectic QP with a happy ending: with fifteen minutes left, the Spaniard had a crash which interrupted his progression. Nevertheless, the rider could return to the track and, on his last run, he managed to set the outstanding time of 1’36.615, scoring the second position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 2nd – 1’36.615 [QP]
“I’m very happy with how things turned out today. I believe we did a great job, after carrying out some important modifications during FP3, just with an eye on the race. The QP was a tricky session, because on the second run I crashed out and things were getting tough. Right on my last lap I managed to put in my best time, after all what matters is that we made it. I’m feeling confident, the bike works pretty well here. That wasn’t my perfect lap, but it was good enough to put us in the second position. Gabri and I are both on the front row, this is an important result for the team and for KTM, at their home race. For tomorrow we have a strong setting to use, the race will be complicated since there are many riders that set similar times, we must be careful. Definitely it’ll be useful to start from the first row, in order to fight since the beginning for a positive result.”
- NOT the MotoGP News – Japanese Grand Prix review October 18, 2017
- Miguel Oliveira seventh in battle of attrition in Japan October 15, 2017
- Jorge Martin in the points in Japan October 15, 2017
- Maverick Viñales 9th in Motegi Race October 15, 2017
- Pol Espargaro 11th in Motegi October 15, 2017
- Tito Rabat in the points in wet Motegi race October 15, 2017
- Take no prisoners: Rins & Miller break out of Melbourne Gaol October 18, 2017
- Dovizioso’s secret weapon: mental training vs physical October 18, 2017
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission at Motegi October 18, 2017
- Australians across all MotoGP™ classes at the ready October 18, 2017
- #StatAttack: MotoGP™ Down Under October 18, 2017
- Take two: Mir looks to take the throne in Australia October 17, 2017