The starting grid for the race of the NeroGiardini Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich was defined today, after this afternoon’s qualifying session.
Guevara took advantage of the FP3 in order to try out some modifications to the dry setting of his KTM machine, cutting off 1.8 seconds from his personal best of Friday. In the afternoon, Juanfran had to deal with a hectic QP with a happy ending: with fifteen minutes left, the Spaniard had a crash which interrupted his progression. Nevertheless, the rider could return to the track and, on his last run, he managed to set the outstanding time of 1’36.615, scoring the second position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 2nd – 1’36.615 [QP]
“I’m very happy with how things turned out today. I believe we did a great job, after carrying out some important modifications during FP3, just with an eye on the race. The QP was a tricky session, because on the second run I crashed out and things were getting tough. Right on my last lap I managed to put in my best time, after all what matters is that we made it. I’m feeling confident, the bike works pretty well here. That wasn’t my perfect lap, but it was good enough to put us in the second position. Gabri and I are both on the front row, this is an important result for the team and for KTM, at their home race. For tomorrow we have a strong setting to use, the race will be complicated since there are many riders that set similar times, we must be careful. Definitely it’ll be useful to start from the first row, in order to fight since the beginning for a positive result.”
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates to take double in Germany August 20, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates in Germany with Race One victory August 19, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Do(vi) a deer, a female deer August 19, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Friday roundup – World Superbike & World Supersport August 18, 2017
- Pol Espargaro out of Austrian GP with technical fault August 13, 2017
- Red Bull Rookies, Austria: Masaki masters sensational finish to Red Bull Ring Race 2 August 13, 2017
- MotoGP™ to remain at the Twin Ring Motegi until 2023 August 20, 2017
- Nakagami announced at LCR Honda in 2018 August 20, 2017
- #CzechGP and #AustrianGP: Twitter Highlights August 18, 2017
- Aero-fairings: some post-Austria questions answered August 18, 2017
- Martin: “I wasn’t even sure I could finish” August 17, 2017
- Jake Dixon joins Dynavolt Intact GP for Silverstone August 17, 2017