The Red Bull KTM Ajo team continued their preparations for the Austrian GP with Saturday action at the spectacular Red Bull Ring. Miguel Oliveira and Brad Binder again improved their times, first in FP3 and later in qualifying, to take 8th and 18th om the grid, respectively, for Round 11 of the season.
The final Free Practice session saw Oliveira suffer a crash at Turn 4, ten minutes in. Although he escaped unhurt, his bike was sufficiently damaged as to oblige his team to undertake an heroic effort to get him back out on track. He used the remaining quarter of an hour to set a new personal fastest time of 1:30.094 -fifth.
Both riders continued their consistent improvement in qualifying. Oliveira set his quickest lap of 1:29.998 in the opening 20 minutes, on his sixth lap, and remained inside the Top 10 for the remainder of the session. He will start from eighth on the grid for the Austrian GP.
The Moto2 Austrian GP begins tomorrow afternoon at 12:20pm, with great expectation for the Red Bull KTM Ajo riders at a home round for partners Red Bull and KTM.
“Despite suffering a crash in FP3, in qualifying later on I felt very comfortable on the bike again. We didn’t finish very far off the fastest riders, despite the fact that we tried a big change for qualifying that didn’t work out as we had hoped. At the moment it seems that this circuit is a little harder to prepare a setup for, but tomorrow we will give our all again and do the best we can in the race.”
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Pedrosa and Miller drop in on the Asia Talent Cup in Qatar March 21, 2018
- KTM find the positives from Losail March 20, 2018
- Syahrin: second rookie and points in his first ever race March 20, 2018
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner March 20, 2018
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar March 19, 2018
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker March 19, 2018