The Red Bull KTM Ajo team continued their preparations for the Austrian GP with Saturday action at the spectacular Red Bull Ring. Miguel Oliveira and Brad Binder again improved their times, first in FP3 and later in qualifying, to take 8th and 18th om the grid, respectively, for Round 11 of the season.
The final Free Practice session saw Oliveira suffer a crash at Turn 4, ten minutes in. Although he escaped unhurt, his bike was sufficiently damaged as to oblige his team to undertake an heroic effort to get him back out on track. He used the remaining quarter of an hour to set a new personal fastest time of 1:30.094 -fifth.
Both riders continued their consistent improvement in qualifying. Oliveira set his quickest lap of 1:29.998 in the opening 20 minutes, on his sixth lap, and remained inside the Top 10 for the remainder of the session. He will start from eighth on the grid for the Austrian GP.
The Moto2 Austrian GP begins tomorrow afternoon at 12:20pm, with great expectation for the Red Bull KTM Ajo riders at a home round for partners Red Bull and KTM.
“Despite suffering a crash in FP3, in qualifying later on I felt very comfortable on the bike again. We didn’t finish very far off the fastest riders, despite the fact that we tried a big change for qualifying that didn’t work out as we had hoped. At the moment it seems that this circuit is a little harder to prepare a setup for, but tomorrow we will give our all again and do the best we can in the race.”
- NOT the MotoGP News – Japanese Grand Prix review October 18, 2017
- Miguel Oliveira seventh in battle of attrition in Japan October 15, 2017
- Jorge Martin in the points in Japan October 15, 2017
- Maverick Viñales 9th in Motegi Race October 15, 2017
- Pol Espargaro 11th in Motegi October 15, 2017
- Tito Rabat in the points in wet Motegi race October 15, 2017
- Take no prisoners: Rins & Miller break out of Melbourne Gaol October 18, 2017
- Dovizioso’s secret weapon: mental training vs physical October 18, 2017
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission at Motegi October 18, 2017
- Australians across all MotoGP™ classes at the ready October 18, 2017
- #StatAttack: MotoGP™ Down Under October 18, 2017
- Take two: Mir looks to take the throne in Australia October 17, 2017