The Red Bull KTM Ajo team continued their preparations for the Austrian GP with Saturday action at the spectacular Red Bull Ring. Miguel Oliveira and Brad Binder again improved their times, first in FP3 and later in qualifying, to take 8th and 18th om the grid, respectively, for Round 11 of the season.
The final Free Practice session saw Oliveira suffer a crash at Turn 4, ten minutes in. Although he escaped unhurt, his bike was sufficiently damaged as to oblige his team to undertake an heroic effort to get him back out on track. He used the remaining quarter of an hour to set a new personal fastest time of 1:30.094 -fifth.
Both riders continued their consistent improvement in qualifying. Oliveira set his quickest lap of 1:29.998 in the opening 20 minutes, on his sixth lap, and remained inside the Top 10 for the remainder of the session. He will start from eighth on the grid for the Austrian GP.
The Moto2 Austrian GP begins tomorrow afternoon at 12:20pm, with great expectation for the Red Bull KTM Ajo riders at a home round for partners Red Bull and KTM.
“Despite suffering a crash in FP3, in qualifying later on I felt very comfortable on the bike again. We didn’t finish very far off the fastest riders, despite the fact that we tried a big change for qualifying that didn’t work out as we had hoped. At the moment it seems that this circuit is a little harder to prepare a setup for, but tomorrow we will give our all again and do the best we can in the race.”
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates to take double in Germany August 20, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates in Germany with Race One victory August 19, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Do(vi) a deer, a female deer August 19, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Friday roundup – World Superbike & World Supersport August 18, 2017
- Pol Espargaro out of Austrian GP with technical fault August 13, 2017
- Red Bull Rookies, Austria: Masaki masters sensational finish to Red Bull Ring Race 2 August 13, 2017
- MotoGP™ to remain at the Twin Ring Motegi until 2023 August 20, 2017
- Nakagami announced at LCR Honda in 2018 August 20, 2017
- #CzechGP and #AustrianGP: Twitter Highlights August 18, 2017
- Aero-fairings: some post-Austria questions answered August 18, 2017
- Martin: “I wasn’t even sure I could finish” August 17, 2017
- Jake Dixon joins Dynavolt Intact GP for Silverstone August 17, 2017