The Moto2 race has just ended at the Austrian Grand Prix. At the first turn, after the start, Vierge and Quartararo crashed down after a contact. Many others were involved and so forced to return to the box.
The Speed Up riders, Augusto Fernandez and teammate Simone Corsi, both avoided involvement in the incident but they had to recover the gap caused by the crash.
Augusto, at the start of the race, lost a few seconds when avoiding the crashes – having to ride offtrack around the outside of the carnage – and found himself struggling from the last position. With a good race pace and determination, he took sixteenth to one step from the points area, his best result so far.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 16th
“It was not a simple race, I’m happy because we are close to the points area that is our goal. We lost so much time with the big incident in the first corner, I had to avoid the riders risking being involved. Then I started recovering positions, I managed to overtake some of them, but the group in front of me had my own race pace. We have to keep working in the setup to be stronger. Now let’s think on Silverstone!”
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- Jorge Martin takes maiden victory in Valencia November 12, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017
- Difficult beginnings for Suzuki - but with some positives November 17, 2017
- Bagnaia quickest, Mir fastest rookie at Jerez November 16, 2017