The Moto2 race has just ended at the Austrian Grand Prix. At the first turn, after the start, Vierge and Quartararo crashed down after a contact. Many others were involved and so forced to return to the box.
The Speed Up riders, Augusto Fernandez and teammate Simone Corsi, both avoided involvement in the incident but they had to recover the gap caused by the crash.
Augusto, at the start of the race, lost a few seconds when avoiding the crashes – having to ride offtrack around the outside of the carnage – and found himself struggling from the last position. With a good race pace and determination, he took sixteenth to one step from the points area, his best result so far.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 16th
“It was not a simple race, I’m happy because we are close to the points area that is our goal. We lost so much time with the big incident in the first corner, I had to avoid the riders risking being involved. Then I started recovering positions, I managed to overtake some of them, but the group in front of me had my own race pace. We have to keep working in the setup to be stronger. Now let’s think on Silverstone!”
- What will happen at Aragon if...?
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders
- Rossi, Viñales “want to fight for the podium” at Aragon
- Get set for your trip to Andalucia and Jerez
- Dynavolt Intact GP propose Raffin for 2019 MotoE™ season
- Time schedule for Aragon