The Moto2 race has just ended at the Austrian Grand Prix. At the first turn, after the start, Vierge and Quartararo crashed down after a contact. Many others were involved and so forced to return to the box.
The Speed Up riders, Augusto Fernandez and teammate Simone Corsi, both avoided involvement in the incident but they had to recover the gap caused by the crash.
Augusto, at the start of the race, lost a few seconds when avoiding the crashes – having to ride offtrack around the outside of the carnage – and found himself struggling from the last position. With a good race pace and determination, he took sixteenth to one step from the points area, his best result so far.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 16th
“It was not a simple race, I’m happy because we are close to the points area that is our goal. We lost so much time with the big incident in the first corner, I had to avoid the riders risking being involved. Then I started recovering positions, I managed to overtake some of them, but the group in front of me had my own race pace. We have to keep working in the setup to be stronger. Now let’s think on Silverstone!”
- Aragon GP, raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 September 24, 2017
- Alex Rins finihes 17th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Maverick Viñales raced to hard-fought 4th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Master-class race for Marquez and Pedrosa, first and second at Motorland Aragon September 24, 2017
- Podium finish for Jorge Lorenzo in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Jorge Martin 4th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Rossi: “Until a week ago I didn’t know if I could race" September 24, 2017
- Pedrosa: “I didn’t know how the race would develop” September 24, 2017
- Marquez: “I took a lot of risk” September 24, 2017
- Lorenzo: “The victory is very close!” September 24, 2017
- First and second to Aleix Viu ends the season in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Tipping the scales: Marquez stamps his authority on Aragon September 24, 2017