The Moto2 race has just ended at the Austrian Grand Prix. At the first turn, after the start, Vierge and Quartararo crashed down after a contact. Many others were involved and so forced to return to the box.
The Speed Up riders, Augusto Fernandez and teammate Simone Corsi, both avoided involvement in the incident but they had to recover the gap caused by the crash.
Augusto, at the start of the race, lost a few seconds when avoiding the crashes – having to ride offtrack around the outside of the carnage – and found himself struggling from the last position. With a good race pace and determination, he took sixteenth to one step from the points area, his best result so far.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 16th
“It was not a simple race, I’m happy because we are close to the points area that is our goal. We lost so much time with the big incident in the first corner, I had to avoid the riders risking being involved. Then I started recovering positions, I managed to overtake some of them, but the group in front of me had my own race pace. We have to keep working in the setup to be stronger. Now let’s think on Silverstone!”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018