The Moto2 race has just ended at the Austrian Grand Prix. At the first turn, after the start, Vierge and Quartararo crashed down after a contact. Many others were involved and so forced to return to the box.
The Speed Up riders, Augusto Fernandez and teammate Simone Corsi, both avoided involvement in the incident but they had to recover the gap caused by the crash.
Augusto, at the start of the race, lost a few seconds when avoiding the crashes – having to ride offtrack around the outside of the carnage – and found himself struggling from the last position. With a good race pace and determination, he took sixteenth to one step from the points area, his best result so far.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 16th
“It was not a simple race, I’m happy because we are close to the points area that is our goal. We lost so much time with the big incident in the first corner, I had to avoid the riders risking being involved. Then I started recovering positions, I managed to overtake some of them, but the group in front of me had my own race pace. We have to keep working in the setup to be stronger. Now let’s think on Silverstone!”
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018