The Red Bull KTM Ajo team experienced mixed fortunes on raceday at the Austrian Grand Prix. Miguel Oliveira suffered a heavy crash, from which he escaped without serious injury, when in fourth place and fighting for the podium.
With five laps remaining and the Portuguese involved in the podium fight, a nasty crash at Turn 8 ended his race. Fortunately, the accident ended without serious physical consequences for Oliveira.
After the Austrian Grand Prix, Oliveira is fourth in the overall standings with 133 points. The next race for the Red Bull KTM Ajo team will be at Silverstone, in the British Grand Prix between August 25th-27th. However, tomorrow they will have a day of testing at the Red Bull Ring.
44 Miguel Oliveira:
“It was a very positive race. We had been able to close the gap to the front group after they escaped on the opening laps, and five laps from the end I could see that we had victory within reach. It was very important to take this step forward after having had difficulties in practice. It’s a shame about the crash; I lost the rear wheel and was thrown off the bike. Luckily nothing is broken, although my whole body is very sore. Tomorrow we have a day of testing, but I don’t know if I’m going to be fit in time.”
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- Jorge Martin takes maiden victory in Valencia November 12, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017
- Difficult beginnings for Suzuki - but with some positives November 17, 2017
- Bagnaia quickest, Mir fastest rookie at Jerez November 16, 2017