Jorge Lorenzo had a good race to finish fourth at the line in today’s Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring. The Spanish rider got a great start from the front row and took the lead on the opening lap, followed by Marquez and Dovizioso.
Jorge stayed in the lead of the race for eleven laps, but was then passed by Dovizioso and the two factory Honda riders, but he defended his fourth place right until the chequered flag. Thanks to today’s result, Lorenzo now lies seventh in the championship with 79 points.
MotoGP will return to the track again in a couple of weeks’ time at the Silverstone circuit in the UK on the weekend of August 25-27.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 4th
“I think that this was my best race of the year: I started from the front row, I led the race for 11 laps, and I finished the GP just over six seconds down on the winner. This time we were a bit lacking in power, because from the third lap onwards I had to change the mapping to keep the fuel consumption under control, and above all I was losing a lot on the straights to my rivals. The rear tyre also deteriorated on the right side and I was unable to keep touch with the leading group. Things are going better at every race, I’m riding more convincingly and I’m able to get more out of my bike. We’re missing very little, just a couple of tenths, to be able to fight for the win and so we must be satisfied. Congratulations to Andrea, because he deserved to win what was a very difficult race.”
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Pol Espargaro out of Qatar GP due to electronic ‘gremlin’ March 18, 2018
- Pedrosa and Miller drop in on the Asia Talent Cup in Qatar March 21, 2018
- KTM find the positives from Losail March 20, 2018
- Syahrin: second rookie and points in his first ever race March 20, 2018
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner March 20, 2018
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar March 19, 2018
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker March 19, 2018