The MotoGP British Grand Prix took place this Sunday afternoon, and Andrea Dovizioso claimed his fourth win of the season in a close contest at Silverstone. The Ducati rider bested Maverick Viñales by just one tenth of a second, and was seven tenths ahead of Valentino Rossi.
Dovizioso has won four of the races since Mugello, round 6 of the season. Mechanical problems for Marc Márquez meant that he relinquished the series lead to Dovizioso, with a 9 point advantage in the overall standings. Viñales and Rossi are 13 and 26 points behind, respectively.
The Pull&Bear Aspar team had both riders in the points, as they gained a number of places as the race progressed. Álvaro Bautista took the chequered flag in tenth, on what was the occasion of his 250th Grand Prix.
The Spaniard had problems with his front tyre and had to drop his pace before the end, but took 6 points from the British GP. Karel Abraham was thirteenth, having ridden in 21st in the early stages.
10th Álvaro Bautista:
“I could have celebrated my 250th Grand Prix in a better way. During this weekend we had problems with the setup as we looked to improve my feeling. Today, besides this there was the fact that the temperature rose significantly. Yesterday we tried out the hard front and I didn’t like it much, so I went out with the medium compound. There was a point in which I had to lower my pace and just try to get to the line, because the front end was moving about a lot. In the end we finished the race, we’ve taken some points and we have to work better ahead of Misano and try all the available tyres. We weren’t able to do that here, and I think that was a mistake on our part, but you learn from everything.”
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Blast off for KTM in Austin April 22, 2018
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us” April 22, 2018
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP April 22, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Rossi: the man with the race pace? April 21, 2018
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama April 21, 2018