Arón Canet’s win is the 44th for Spanish riders in Moto3 –matching his bike number.
Canet has moved up from sixteenth on the starting grid to first place. Teammate Enea Bastianini climbed from fifteenth to second.
The race featured a large group of riders at the front, with as many as 23 in one group.
ARÓN CANET – 1st35’53.028
I’m very happy after my third win of the season. We are improving in many ways; I am consistent in the front group and fast at all the circuits, and that is important. It was a very difficult race; I started from sixteenth but I was able to gain positions until I reached the front group. Then I studied my rivals and I could see that Jorge [Martin] was the one with the best pace. I tried to make it so that he was the one who broke the group, but it was not possible and I passed him instead. Although on the last laps Bastianini and another rider overtook me, I knew I could fight for the victory, which we got with the red flag . I’m very happy and I hope that Juanfran [Guevara] recovers very soon.
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018
- MotoAmerica fire up for COTA alongside MotoGP™ April 18, 2018
- Rossi and Marquez: live debriefs from COTA April 18, 2018
- Marquez visits Brazilian school with UNICEF April 18, 2018
- Rossi: "I'm always happy to be in Texas" April 18, 2018