Jorge Navarro secured another finish in the points today in the Moto2 World Championship race at Silverstone after crossing the line in 13th place at the end of the 18 laps of the encounter, which was contested under glorious late summer British weather.
This is a positive result for the Federal Oil Team Gresini rider, who managed to improve his performance after a slow start to the weekend on a track where he had never completed a race in the two seasons spent in the Moto3 class – despite being among his favourites.
It was far from an easy race for the 21-year-old Valencian rider, who did a good job in defending his position from a resurgent Alex Marquez – who had crashed out in the first half of the race.
Courtesy of this top-15 result, Navarro stays in the fight for the top-10 by equalling 12th place Syahrin’s tally of 50 points. The next race of the Moto2 World Championship will take place in a fortnight’s time at Misano.
13th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“It’s been a complicated race and we hoped for something better. We tried during the weekend to find the best set-up but then we couldn’t finish higher than 13th place, which was the best we could do today. I fought with Cortese for a bit, a quite useless battle because I was way faster than him and then when I got past the rest of the group was gone already. We will analyse the data and try to be ready for Misano.”
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- Jorge Martin takes maiden victory in Valencia November 12, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017
- Difficult beginnings for Suzuki - but with some positives November 17, 2017
- Bagnaia quickest, Mir fastest rookie at Jerez November 16, 2017