Jorge Navarro secured another finish in the points today in the Moto2 World Championship race at Silverstone after crossing the line in 13th place at the end of the 18 laps of the encounter, which was contested under glorious late summer British weather.
This is a positive result for the Federal Oil Team Gresini rider, who managed to improve his performance after a slow start to the weekend on a track where he had never completed a race in the two seasons spent in the Moto3 class – despite being among his favourites.
It was far from an easy race for the 21-year-old Valencian rider, who did a good job in defending his position from a resurgent Alex Marquez – who had crashed out in the first half of the race.
Courtesy of this top-15 result, Navarro stays in the fight for the top-10 by equalling 12th place Syahrin’s tally of 50 points. The next race of the Moto2 World Championship will take place in a fortnight’s time at Misano.
13th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“It’s been a complicated race and we hoped for something better. We tried during the weekend to find the best set-up but then we couldn’t finish higher than 13th place, which was the best we could do today. I fought with Cortese for a bit, a quite useless battle because I was way faster than him and then when I got past the rest of the group was gone already. We will analyse the data and try to be ready for Misano.”
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018