Jorge Navarro secured another finish in the points today in the Moto2 World Championship race at Silverstone after crossing the line in 13th place at the end of the 18 laps of the encounter, which was contested under glorious late summer British weather.
This is a positive result for the Federal Oil Team Gresini rider, who managed to improve his performance after a slow start to the weekend on a track where he had never completed a race in the two seasons spent in the Moto3 class – despite being among his favourites.
It was far from an easy race for the 21-year-old Valencian rider, who did a good job in defending his position from a resurgent Alex Marquez – who had crashed out in the first half of the race.
Courtesy of this top-15 result, Navarro stays in the fight for the top-10 by equalling 12th place Syahrin’s tally of 50 points. The next race of the Moto2 World Championship will take place in a fortnight’s time at Misano.
13th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“It’s been a complicated race and we hoped for something better. We tried during the weekend to find the best set-up but then we couldn’t finish higher than 13th place, which was the best we could do today. I fought with Cortese for a bit, a quite useless battle because I was way faster than him and then when I got past the rest of the group was gone already. We will analyse the data and try to be ready for Misano.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018