Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 claimed another podium finish in the 2017 Moto3 World Championship with the third place of Jorge Martin, who ends up in the top-3 for the sixth time in the season today at Silverstone. After a not exciting start to the race, the young Spaniard quickly made his way to the front of the field after overtaking ten riders.
Once in the lead, Martin increased his gap up to 0.4secs in the final laps, but as he realised he could not pull away from his rivals, he decided to sit in third place as the race entered its final lap – a strategy that was carefully planned in advance by the team.
When red flags were deployed, however, the final results were determined based on the riders’ positions at the end of lap 16 – which resulted in a third place for Martin. With a tally of 121 points, the rider #88 consolidates his fourth place in the standings.
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88
“We knew we had something more today and the result was not what we were hoping for. After a difficult start I had a good comeback and my pace was great. A real shame about the red flag, because we had a strategy with my telemetry guy to be third on the last lap. It all went according to plan, except for the red flag. Still, it’s a podium finish we took despite the pain being higher than in Austria. Now we have two weeks to rest and then Misano, where we want to and must do better.”
- Aragon GP, raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 September 24, 2017
- Alex Rins finihes 17th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Maverick Viñales raced to hard-fought 4th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Master-class race for Marquez and Pedrosa, first and second at Motorland Aragon September 24, 2017
- Podium finish for Jorge Lorenzo in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Jorge Martin 4th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Rossi: “Until a week ago I didn’t know if I could race" September 24, 2017
- Pedrosa: “I didn’t know how the race would develop” September 24, 2017
- Marquez: “I took a lot of risk” September 24, 2017
- Lorenzo: “The victory is very close!” September 24, 2017
- First and second to Aleix Viu ends the season in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Tipping the scales: Marquez stamps his authority on Aragon September 24, 2017