Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 claimed another podium finish in the 2017 Moto3 World Championship with the third place of Jorge Martin, who ends up in the top-3 for the sixth time in the season today at Silverstone. After a not exciting start to the race, the young Spaniard quickly made his way to the front of the field after overtaking ten riders.
Once in the lead, Martin increased his gap up to 0.4secs in the final laps, but as he realised he could not pull away from his rivals, he decided to sit in third place as the race entered its final lap – a strategy that was carefully planned in advance by the team.
When red flags were deployed, however, the final results were determined based on the riders’ positions at the end of lap 16 – which resulted in a third place for Martin. With a tally of 121 points, the rider #88 consolidates his fourth place in the standings.
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88
“We knew we had something more today and the result was not what we were hoping for. After a difficult start I had a good comeback and my pace was great. A real shame about the red flag, because we had a strategy with my telemetry guy to be third on the last lap. It all went according to plan, except for the red flag. Still, it’s a podium finish we took despite the pain being higher than in Austria. Now we have two weeks to rest and then Misano, where we want to and must do better.”
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018