Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 claimed another podium finish in the 2017 Moto3 World Championship with the third place of Jorge Martin, who ends up in the top-3 for the sixth time in the season today at Silverstone. After a not exciting start to the race, the young Spaniard quickly made his way to the front of the field after overtaking ten riders.
Once in the lead, Martin increased his gap up to 0.4secs in the final laps, but as he realised he could not pull away from his rivals, he decided to sit in third place as the race entered its final lap – a strategy that was carefully planned in advance by the team.
When red flags were deployed, however, the final results were determined based on the riders’ positions at the end of lap 16 – which resulted in a third place for Martin. With a tally of 121 points, the rider #88 consolidates his fourth place in the standings.
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88
“We knew we had something more today and the result was not what we were hoping for. After a difficult start I had a good comeback and my pace was great. A real shame about the red flag, because we had a strategy with my telemetry guy to be third on the last lap. It all went according to plan, except for the red flag. Still, it’s a podium finish we took despite the pain being higher than in Austria. Now we have two weeks to rest and then Misano, where we want to and must do better.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018
- MotoAmerica fire up for COTA alongside MotoGP™ April 18, 2018
- Rossi and Marquez: live debriefs from COTA April 18, 2018
- Marquez visits Brazilian school with UNICEF April 18, 2018
- Rossi: "I'm always happy to be in Texas" April 18, 2018