Jorge Navarro was forced to an early retirement in today’s thirteenth race of the 2017 Moto2 World Championship after yet another crash of this difficult race weekend for the Spaniard. Under treacherous conditions, Jorge enjoyed a good start but he soon found himself on the gravel after crashing out at turn 11.
The rider of team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 got away with very little damage and pain – despite the spectacular crash and the hard landing – in his left thumb and side.
In less than two weeks, Navarro will try to make amends for today’s race in third his home Grand Prix of the season, scheduled to take place at MotorLand Aragón. The goal for Jorge will be to get some more points in his quest for the top-10 in the standings – he is currently 14th with 50 points.
N.C. – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“I’m not even sure how I crashed. I had just gone past another rider at turn 11, the fastest of the track. I passed him on the straight then got back into my line and, at the entrance of turn 11 I completely lost the rear and there was nothing I could do to save it. I’m really sorry, especially for the team because it’s their home GP. It has been a difficult weekend with too many crashes, so I would like to apologise to all the guys. I feel OK, but surely today’s two crashes didn’t help.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018
- MotoAmerica fire up for COTA alongside MotoGP™ April 18, 2018
- Rossi and Marquez: live debriefs from COTA April 18, 2018
- Marquez visits Brazilian school with UNICEF April 18, 2018
- Rossi: "I'm always happy to be in Texas" April 18, 2018