Jorge Navarro was forced to an early retirement in today’s thirteenth race of the 2017 Moto2 World Championship after yet another crash of this difficult race weekend for the Spaniard. Under treacherous conditions, Jorge enjoyed a good start but he soon found himself on the gravel after crashing out at turn 11.
The rider of team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 got away with very little damage and pain – despite the spectacular crash and the hard landing – in his left thumb and side.
In less than two weeks, Navarro will try to make amends for today’s race in third his home Grand Prix of the season, scheduled to take place at MotorLand Aragón. The goal for Jorge will be to get some more points in his quest for the top-10 in the standings – he is currently 14th with 50 points.
N.C. – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“I’m not even sure how I crashed. I had just gone past another rider at turn 11, the fastest of the track. I passed him on the straight then got back into my line and, at the entrance of turn 11 I completely lost the rear and there was nothing I could do to save it. I’m really sorry, especially for the team because it’s their home GP. It has been a difficult weekend with too many crashes, so I would like to apologise to all the guys. I feel OK, but surely today’s two crashes didn’t help.”
- Aragon GP, raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 September 24, 2017
- Alex Rins finihes 17th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Maverick Viñales raced to hard-fought 4th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Master-class race for Marquez and Pedrosa, first and second at Motorland Aragon September 24, 2017
- Podium finish for Jorge Lorenzo in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Jorge Martin 4th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Rossi: “Until a week ago I didn’t know if I could race" September 24, 2017
- Pedrosa: “I didn’t know how the race would develop” September 24, 2017
- Marquez: “I took a lot of risk” September 24, 2017
- Lorenzo: “The victory is very close!” September 24, 2017
- First and second to Aleix Viu ends the season in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Tipping the scales: Marquez stamps his authority on Aragon September 24, 2017