The true main player of the Grand Prix of San Marino e Riviera di Rimini was the weather. After two days of dry sessions, the expected rain totally changed the track and race conditions by forcing teams and riders to change the bike setting already in the morning warm up.
The race started in a mild rain that made the track slippery and riding conditions really difficult. The Speed Up rider Simone Corsi lost some starting positions while Augusto Fernandez immediately recovered.
Unfortunately, during lap nine, the young Spaniard who had reached an excellent tenth position and was engaged in a spirited race for points, was forced to retire due to an electronic problem to the bike. Eventually only 16 riders finished Moto2 race at the Marco Simoncelli circuit in Misano.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – NOT CLASSIFIED
“I do not know what to say, I’m obviously very sorry for today. I had a good pace, I was riding well and fast recovering lap by lap. It was the first time I was in Top Ten in race, I felt I could do well today and finally achieve my first goal, the points. Now I only want to forget what happened and concentrate on the next Grand Prix of Aragón.”
- Granado and González take last two titles in Valencia CEV finale November 20, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- The 2017 Dunlop #ForeverForward Champion is…Andrea Migno! November 20, 2017
- Granado and González take last two titles November 19, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017