The last European race before the three long journeys and the grand finale in Valencia has just ended with the Aragon GP. It was a tough race for the riders of Team SUZUKI ECSTAR which saw Andrea Iannone end in 12th place and Alex Rins in 17th.
The morning sessions were delayed by fog, but when the sun did come to burn through the clouds and warm up the track, both Iannone and Rins were able to carry out a positive warm-up.
Rins struggled the whole weekend to effectively find the right feel on the bike and unfortunately the race followed the trend. The jump at the start was a positive one, but then he lost some positions in the first lap. His attempt to recover continued until the end but was unable to produce better than his final 17th place.
The Team will stay in Aragon until Wednesday for two days of private testing, to make up for the days lost in Misano because of poor weather. The main objectives will be to test different configurations and parts that the team believes will lead to an entirely better performing package.
“It has been a very hard race, the one that cost me the most so far. At the start I did well and gained positions, but before finishing the first lap I lost a few places. Several riders have overtaken me in the braking, which is where I struggle the most. I had a hard time overtaking riders and I could not establish a rhythm. The positive side is that this experience serves us well for the future and we have learned many things today.”
- NOT the MotoGP News – Japanese Grand Prix review October 18, 2017
- Miguel Oliveira seventh in battle of attrition in Japan October 15, 2017
- Jorge Martin in the points in Japan October 15, 2017
- Maverick Viñales 9th in Motegi Race October 15, 2017
- Pol Espargaro 11th in Motegi October 15, 2017
- Tito Rabat in the points in wet Motegi race October 15, 2017
- Take no prisoners: Rins & Miller break out of Melbourne Gaol October 18, 2017
- Dovizioso’s secret weapon: mental training vs physical October 18, 2017
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission at Motegi October 18, 2017
- Australians across all MotoGP™ classes at the ready October 18, 2017
- #StatAttack: MotoGP™ Down Under October 18, 2017
- Take two: Mir looks to take the throne in Australia October 17, 2017