Heavy rain showers conditioned the weekend of the Motul Grand Prix of Japan, which was held today at the Twin Ring Motegi and where the Moto2 race has just ended.
Spaniard Augusto Fernandez, having achieved his best qualifying for the championship, was penalized by a bad start. During the race he was unable to recover some positions and was sixteenth across the finish line, one step from the points zone.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 16th
“It was a really complicated race since the start where I lost several positions. I was unable to recover them and reach at least the starting position. I struggled to get the right rhythm, but little grip has hindered me. Obviously, the 16th position is not what we expected from this race, especially after the excellent qualifying of yesterday. We will do better in Phillip Island!”
- Now or never: who can stop Marquez’ march towards the crown?
- Motegi: no margin to play it safe
- A dark horse no more: ‘Diggia’ homes in on the top
- Raffin takes title in Albacete
- 2018 MotoGP™ eSport Championship: second half of the season
- Contrasting fortunes
- New adventure in store for Team Trentino Gresini MotoE
- Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP – Green Power for 2019