Heavy rain showers conditioned the weekend of the Motul Grand Prix of Japan, which was held today at the Twin Ring Motegi and where the Moto2 race has just ended.
Spaniard Augusto Fernandez, having achieved his best qualifying for the championship, was penalized by a bad start. During the race he was unable to recover some positions and was sixteenth across the finish line, one step from the points zone.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 16th
“It was a really complicated race since the start where I lost several positions. I was unable to recover them and reach at least the starting position. I struggled to get the right rhythm, but little grip has hindered me. Obviously, the 16th position is not what we expected from this race, especially after the excellent qualifying of yesterday. We will do better in Phillip Island!”
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018