Heavy rain showers conditioned the weekend of the Motul Grand Prix of Japan, which was held today at the Twin Ring Motegi and where the Moto2 race has just ended.
Spaniard Augusto Fernandez, having achieved his best qualifying for the championship, was penalized by a bad start. During the race he was unable to recover some positions and was sixteenth across the finish line, one step from the points zone.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 16th
“It was a really complicated race since the start where I lost several positions. I was unable to recover them and reach at least the starting position. I struggled to get the right rhythm, but little grip has hindered me. Obviously, the 16th position is not what we expected from this race, especially after the excellent qualifying of yesterday. We will do better in Phillip Island!”
- What will happen at Aragon if...?
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders
- Rossi, Viñales “want to fight for the podium” at Aragon
- Get set for your trip to Andalucia and Jerez
- Dynavolt Intact GP propose Raffin for 2019 MotoE™ season
- Time schedule for Aragon