Jorge Navarro has endured what was probably the most difficult Moto2 racing weekend of his rookie season so far: his Japanese GP race, in fact, was virtually over on lap three when the Spaniard crashed unhurt at turn 11.
Under the pouring rain encountered at Twin Ring Motegi – which has accompanied the middleweight class of MotoGP throughout the whole weekend – Navarro did not manage to find the right feeling with his Kalex machine #9, and this was clearly proved by today’s two crashes – one in warm-up and the aforementioned one in the race – which added up to the tumbles occurred on Friday (FP2) and Saturday (FP3).
Despite the setback, Navarro managed to re-join the race and to cross the finish line in 28th place, which allowed the team to gather some more data from the bike under these conditions. The rider of Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 is now looking to make amends in Australia.
28th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“It was a weekend to forget, really. My start of the race was not too bad and I was able to make some passes, but once I got to turn 11 I lost the front the same way I’ve done before this weekend. I finished the race for the team and to gather some more data with wet conditions. The feeling was not there and I almost crashed again. Now we have to stay focused and try to improve: there are still three races and we need to get back to the type of performance we’ve shown earlier this year.”
- WorldSBK Assen, Day 2: Rea roars to eighth consecutive TT Assen win April 21, 2018
- Alvaro Bautista sets to work on difficult day one in Austin April 21, 2018
- Marc Marquez second-fastest at a dusty Austin track, Dani Pedrosa a brave 10th April 21, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, free practice roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 21, 2018
- Alex Rins shows strong pace in Texas April 21, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo 7th in practice for Texas GP April 21, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP! April 21, 2018
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP April 21, 2018
- Perfect ten: Martin takes pole in mad dash to slicks April 21, 2018
- Pol Espargaro takes first KTM Q2 of the year April 21, 2018
- Marquez top, but Viñales right in the hunt in FP4 April 21, 2018