In a race characterized by intense rain, Mallorca’s talent finished out of the points for the first time this season, but maintains command of the Moto3 standings firmly.
Sunday was not a happy day for the Leopard Racing Team today, both out of the points in a race cut to 13 laps due to an oil spill in the morning during the Warm Up and then hit by intense rain, reducing visibility and stability on their respective Honda NSF250RW.
For Joan Mir, this is the first “zero” season: a record among the protagonists of all three classes that Spaniard had boasted throughout the year. But nothing is lost: the 20-year-old of Majorcan keeps his advantage at the top of the points table (+55 points) and in 7 days at Phillip Island he will have the chance to play the second match-point. Curiously: In Australia, in 2015, Joan Mir made his World Championship debut with the Leopard Racing Team.
#36 Joan MIR – 17th:
“Throughout the weekend I was never really comfortable with the bike, and I felt more tense than usual: only in FP3 I was able to ride as I wanted. Too bad, because beyond the title, I would have liked to do a different race and have fun, but starting from the rear I had several risks. Let’s see what will happen in Australia: we will continue to fight as we did from the beginning of the season. Our mindset will always be to get the most out of it!”
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Blast off for KTM in Austin April 22, 2018
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us” April 22, 2018
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP April 22, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Rossi: the man with the race pace? April 21, 2018
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama April 21, 2018