Álex Márquez recovered from a scary moment on lap three when he ran wide onto the wet grass at turn 11 and dropped back to 12th position.
But the Spanish rider then played a role in Morbidelli’s title chase by charging through the traffic to finish sixth and crucially taking championship points from Lüthi.
Álex Márquez: 6th
“I didn’t make a very good start and was trying to recover some positions when I ran wide and this mistake put me behind a lot of riders so it was a difficult race. I’m still not 100% fit after my recent injuries but I pushed hard and was able to overtake Lüthi and other riders to finally finish sixth. While this was not the best result it was a positive weekend.”
- Now or never: who can stop Marquez’ march towards the crown?
- Motegi: no margin to play it safe
- A dark horse no more: ‘Diggia’ homes in on the top
- Raffin takes title in Albacete
- 2018 MotoGP™ eSport Championship: second half of the season
- Contrasting fortunes
- New adventure in store for Team Trentino Gresini MotoE
- Tom Booth-Amos joins CIP – Green Power for 2019