Álex Márquez recovered from a scary moment on lap three when he ran wide onto the wet grass at turn 11 and dropped back to 12th position.
But the Spanish rider then played a role in Morbidelli’s title chase by charging through the traffic to finish sixth and crucially taking championship points from Lüthi.
Álex Márquez: 6th
“I didn’t make a very good start and was trying to recover some positions when I ran wide and this mistake put me behind a lot of riders so it was a difficult race. I’m still not 100% fit after my recent injuries but I pushed hard and was able to overtake Lüthi and other riders to finally finish sixth. While this was not the best result it was a positive weekend.”
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1