Marc Márquez has one hand on the MotoGP World Championship title after dominating the race at Phillip Island as Andrea Dovizioso could only finish thirteenth. Despite having to come back from running wide early in the race, Marquez has extended his advantage over the Italian from eleven points to 33, meaning that he will have his first shot at claiming the crown in Malaysia next Sunday. Valentino Rossi and Maverick Viñales completed the podium after a tough battle with Johann Zarco.
Álvaro Bautista started from twentieth and finished in seventeenth but leaves empty-handed after struggling all weekend to find grip at the Australian track.
17th Álvaro Bautista:
“It has been a difficult weekend, I haven’t had a good feeling with the tyres all weekend in these conditions and today was the best I could do. When things don’t work like they should, especially the combination of bikes and tyres, it is difficult to do any more. We saw here in Australia how all of the Ducatis suffered.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018