The sixteenth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship was held today, at the circuit of Phillip Island.
Because of a crash at the beginning of this morning’s warm up, Guevara couldn’t complete any full lap in the session. The Spaniard started from the second row of the grid for the race, getting straight away into the leading group. Juanfran was fighting for the podium together with his teammate, when on the tenth lap he crashed out. However, Guevara returned on track, finishing the race in 23rd position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 23rd [RACE]“As a whole this was a great weekend, even if we didn’t achieve the result that we deserved. I believe that today we put in a great race, despite the difficult warm up that we had. The whole team did an amazing job, including my teammate in the initial laps. I think that we were leading the race strongly at the beginning. We had a competitive pace and I was focusing mainly on the final part, saving the tyres as much as possible in order to have more rubber for the end. I feel like we could have counted on a slight margin on the Honda machines, as far as it concerns the rear of the bike. The crash was just a shame: we were opening up a small gap from the second group, but on the first turn another rider hit me and that’s when I lost all the options to fight for the lead. In any case I know we put in our best effort, now we must think about the next race and we’ll see how things turn out in Sepang.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018
- MotoAmerica fire up for COTA alongside MotoGP™ April 18, 2018
- Rossi and Marquez: live debriefs from COTA April 18, 2018
- Marquez visits Brazilian school with UNICEF April 18, 2018
- Rossi: "I'm always happy to be in Texas" April 18, 2018