The sixteenth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship was held today, at the circuit of Phillip Island.
Because of a crash at the beginning of this morning’s warm up, Guevara couldn’t complete any full lap in the session. The Spaniard started from the second row of the grid for the race, getting straight away into the leading group. Juanfran was fighting for the podium together with his teammate, when on the tenth lap he crashed out. However, Guevara returned on track, finishing the race in 23rd position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 23rd [RACE]“As a whole this was a great weekend, even if we didn’t achieve the result that we deserved. I believe that today we put in a great race, despite the difficult warm up that we had. The whole team did an amazing job, including my teammate in the initial laps. I think that we were leading the race strongly at the beginning. We had a competitive pace and I was focusing mainly on the final part, saving the tyres as much as possible in order to have more rubber for the end. I feel like we could have counted on a slight margin on the Honda machines, as far as it concerns the rear of the bike. The crash was just a shame: we were opening up a small gap from the second group, but on the first turn another rider hit me and that’s when I lost all the options to fight for the lead. In any case I know we put in our best effort, now we must think about the next race and we’ll see how things turn out in Sepang.”
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018