After the eighth pole position of the season, Jorge Martin took his seventh rostrum finish of the year today at Phillip Island – his first top-3 race result in almost two months (the previous one was at Silverstone on August 27th).
The rider of Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 showed great speed on the Australian circuit as he battled hard at the front of the field, with the usual Moto3 slipstream battle mixing up positions in each and every lap (he once even went all the way back from first to eighth place). Despite the many tight moves of what was surely a hard-fought race – with the number 88 strenuously defending his position from Guevara before coming together first with Ramirez and then with Bastianini – Martin was still in contention for the win with six laps to go, but as the red flag was deployed due to the arrival of rain, he could do nothing but accept a third-place finish.
Today’s third place by Martin resulted in the twelfth podium finish for Team Del Conca Gresini as the Madrid-born re-takes fourth place in the championship from his team mate Di Giannantonio. Moto3 action will resume in less than five days with the penultimate round of the 2017 edition.
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88“Today we had the speed for something more, but the red flag prevented us from trying. It is what it is, though. I would like to congratulate Joan (Mir) for the title, he deserved it. I’m happy with this third place in what was such a difficult race with many coming together and I can’t wait to return to the track in order to give another try for the win – we’re getting really close and we still have two races left this year.”
- Granado and González take last two titles in Valencia CEV finale November 20, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- The 2017 Dunlop #ForeverForward Champion is…Andrea Migno! November 20, 2017
- Granado and González take last two titles November 19, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017