After the eighth pole position of the season, Jorge Martin took his seventh rostrum finish of the year today at Phillip Island – his first top-3 race result in almost two months (the previous one was at Silverstone on August 27th).
The rider of Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 showed great speed on the Australian circuit as he battled hard at the front of the field, with the usual Moto3 slipstream battle mixing up positions in each and every lap (he once even went all the way back from first to eighth place). Despite the many tight moves of what was surely a hard-fought race – with the number 88 strenuously defending his position from Guevara before coming together first with Ramirez and then with Bastianini – Martin was still in contention for the win with six laps to go, but as the red flag was deployed due to the arrival of rain, he could do nothing but accept a third-place finish.
Today’s third place by Martin resulted in the twelfth podium finish for Team Del Conca Gresini as the Madrid-born re-takes fourth place in the championship from his team mate Di Giannantonio. Moto3 action will resume in less than five days with the penultimate round of the 2017 edition.
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88“Today we had the speed for something more, but the red flag prevented us from trying. It is what it is, though. I would like to congratulate Joan (Mir) for the title, he deserved it. I’m happy with this third place in what was such a difficult race with many coming together and I can’t wait to return to the track in order to give another try for the win – we’re getting really close and we still have two races left this year.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018
- MotoAmerica fire up for COTA alongside MotoGP™ April 18, 2018
- Rossi and Marquez: live debriefs from COTA April 18, 2018
- Marquez visits Brazilian school with UNICEF April 18, 2018
- Rossi: "I'm always happy to be in Texas" April 18, 2018