One thousandth of a second has separated Jorge Martin from pole position in today’s qualifying session at the Losail International Circuit in Qatar. Despite high winds and limited visibility – due to sand in the air – the Spanish rider of Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 was able to dominate for the majority of the 40 minutes available.
Martin logged a 2’06.365secs lap-time after being almost six tenths of a second faster than poleman Antonelli, but the lack of a slipstream on the main straight prevented him from completing his masterpiece.
“It was the first time in the weekend so far that I went for a quick-lap attempt as I always opted for the longer runs before. I was on my own without slipstream and even so I did a good lap, so I can say we’re ready for tomorrow. A front-row start is good enough and with our pace I’m sure we can get in the mix up front, but it will also depend a lot on track conditions. The goal will be to be patient and not try to over perform. We want to win but a podium would also be a more than positive result to begin the season with.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018